Sunday, August 31, 2008

storytime


So yesterday I went to my craft class that I have been attending once a month. I made a wooden ladder and then every month we go to make new cute wooden things to hang on said ladder. This month we made a really cute frog the top says JUMP then there is a cute frog and the bottom says in, to our pad. So I got my frog on my ladder hanging outside my door. Looking at my super cute ladder I realized two things. The more things I get the more I realize that I am waaaay past the apartment stage of my life. Like there is no way if you had an apartment you could have a cute ladder by your door, it would get stolen!!! I am also past the apartment stage cause I have just so many things like I have a trampoline!!! Second thing I realized is that people are really just hopping into MY pad there is no OUR they are just hopping into MY pad. Hopefully that will change at some point though. I know that when people are hopping into OUR pad... OUR pad wont be an apartment cause I am bursting out of of MY apartment right now.
As for the rest of the day in the evening I had some people over to roast stuff in my little fire pit. The DeFriez family and the Thurgood family and my friend Katie came over we roasted hot dogs, and marshmallows we put the marshmallows in the middle of oreos and made smoreos they were really good. Becky DeFriez, Katie and I made egg in an orange. I got the idea off the internet you hollow out an orange and then crack an egg into it and then wrap it in foil and put it in the fire. Myself and Becky's eggs came out sooo gross that they were just unedible... Katies you could at least try and eat... I always say that when you are creative and you have lots of ideas some turn out GREAT and some like egg in an orange turn out ... not so great... after everyone left, Katie and I were sitting inside and the wind started blowing really hard and we went outside and my yard furniture was everywhere the fire was really high in the firepit... it had been almost out. So Katie and I gathered up all the lawn furniture and put the fire out . We are glad that we went outside Katie said that if we had not there would have been a headline in the paper that said LEWISTON ABLAZE!!!!

2 comments:

Kate said...

Hopefully your fire pit will recover from being absolutely drowned by yours truly-- however, I must say the evening was a smashing success!

Unknown said...

and from me stepping on the top when I was walking to get the chairs in in the dark:)