Friday, July 16, 2010

field trip

Victoria and I went to Lake Accotink in Springfield,VA.
according to the internet there is a huge lake there, when we got there it was drained, I inquired about renting boats...just to see what they would say... the teenager behind the counter was like...?? Like oh are they not available right now???? I mean I have no idea why???

They also had mini-golf, which we did not do because a little kid was having his or her b-day party and we would have been behind a whole party of kids and well NO...

They had a carosel, that we were going to ride but they said that the next ride was not for 30 minutes and that we would have to wait.. so we did not do that either..

BUT we did hike for four miles... there was a trail that led around the "lake" that we took, it crossed through another park and part of the cross-country trail that is a bike trail that runs all through Fairfax County. This trail was like almost every other trail that I go on in Fairfax County as in one side was woods and a little creek and the other side was houses and sometimes buisness's ... at one point the trail completly leaves the park and passes an elementary school and through a residential neighborhood and then goes back into the park..wierd... Victoria, Spike and I had a good walk and a nice talk and I am glad that we went. When we were done hiking we got some ice cream and headed home :) it was a nice day.

If Victoria ever sends me the pictures I will put them on FB :)

No comments: