Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Keli babysits

So on the same day as the previous story... I also had a lot of anticipation for something that I love.. my favorite TV show. 

I love the show Once Upon a Time.. it is currently my favorite show. This night they had been advertising it all week.. because someone was going to die.. and even though we ALL knew it was going to be Cora..

and we secretly HOPED that it would NOT be Hook...

so as the day went on.. I was looking forward to getting back to there house and watching it..

I picked up Hunter who is twelve and Ari who is nine at their dad's house in Vienna then headed back to Ashburn.. I told the kids I am going to watch Once Upon a Time.. you can join me if you want..

they said no..so I get the kids settled and start watching it and Ari comes down and she is like 

"oh no I can not find my mechanical pencil and someone ate my last Twizzler"... 

I said "um OK tell me about it on the commercial... " 

she said " NO THIS IS IMPORTANT!!! I CAN NOT FIND MY MECHANICAL PENCIL AND SOMEONE ATE MY LAST TWIZZLER!..." 

I said "well it can wait until the commercial" 

she was like "but it is IMPORTANT!!!!!!!!!" 

I said "OK listen.. I ate your last Twizzler.." 

she said "WHAT!!!?? WHY?? " I said " IDK you left your door open and it was just there like Keli, please eat me.. I am a Twizzler" 

she said "but that was my LAST one!!!!!!!!!!" I said " well I will buy you some more.. but I NEED TO WATCH THIS SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!"

she said "well what about my mechanical pencil?" I said "IDK but you can start looking for it..."

she said "do you think that one of your friends that came to the spa party.. or one of your friends children stole my mechanical pencil"... ???

I said "none of my friend's or their children even went on that floor of the house..."

So she started looking everywhere...

She looked in a drawer.. and found some papers I had stuffed in there while I was cleaning up for the spa party and there was a check in there.. that I knew about ...

She was like "THERE ARE VERY IMPORTANT PAPERS IN THIS DRAWER!!!" I said "OK well I know about them.. I will look at them on the commercial"

she was like " but one of them is a CHECK" I said "yes I know I put it there" she said "YOU JUST STUFFED A CHECK AND IMPORTANT PAPERS IN A DRAWER!!!!!!!!" 

I said "yes.. I did.. but let's talk about this on the commercial..."

because I was about to go CRAZY....

she was like "well I still can not find my mechanical pencil and it is like you are saying that show is more important than me.. and my mechanical pencil" 

I said ..............."well I am ... "

she said "that show is more important than ME." I said "well right now..yes"

she was like "but I can't find my mechanical pencil"

I said "well KEEP LOOKING"

a few minutes later she found it in her back pack....

she was relieved...

and I watched the rest of the show in peace...

the next day two days I had a horrible cold.. and when I picked her up at school both days she said " did you buy my Twizzlers???" 

On the second day, I said " Ari I have a really bad cold and I just am not going to buy you any Twizzlers.. I only ate one.. and well you are just going to have to get over it.."

She said "but you SAID you would" I said " I know..but I only ate one.. and I have a really bad cold.. "

I told her she was just going to have to forgive me.. she was just going to have to think over the situation.. and think of all the good, nice things that I do for her..all the reading we do together.. all the crafts and cooking and other projects all the field trips I have taken her on.. and add up all the good things and then decide if she could forgive me for eating ONE Twizzler.. even though it was her LAST one...

this was at the beginning of March... I am not sure she has TOTALLY forgave me..

No comments: