Thursday, March 12, 2009

FIRE


A couple months ago I was about to cook dinner so I started pre-heating my oven up.... I forgot that my friend's step-daughter Josie had put some hot pads and towels in the bottom of my stove which on some peoples stoves is a drawer but on mine is a broiler.... So they catch fire and all of a sudden my whole stove is on fire and I had no idea what to do soooo..... I call my friend Rachael and she drove over and opened up my stove and there were flames shooting everywhere and smoke pouring out... and she poured a HUGE thing of baking soda all in my stove... since then Marian and I have tryed to sweep out the baking soda two times with my shop vac but um yeah.....my stove still does not light annoying :( So I eat at my friends a lot and make them dinner :)

so a couple of days ago I put this ramen meal in my microwave and did not pour water in it.... big mistake so I am out in the laundry room and smell smoke... So I go out and there is smoke all over my kitchen and my microwave has buckled from the fire that is flaming on the inside. I thought I will just unplug it. So I go to the back and there were flames shooting out of the back and singeing my curtains and I did not know what to do....so I called 911... by the time I was done telling the dispatcher my info I said well my house is smoky and the fire is out she said I will send them anyway so I live five houses from the firestation and I hear the siren go off... and I live in a really small town so it just goes off until someone comes to the station and turns it off. So all of a sudden this full size firetruck pulls out and turns on the sirens and drives that way alll five houses to my house....and like 10 firefighters get out... I am like oh it is out now I am soo sorry.... and they just waked in my house and inspected my microwave then just said well you can not use this any more and picked up and threw it outside in the snow...so they decieded my house needed "ventilation" and set up a huge fan and opened every window in my house...THEN another fire truck pulled up with all my lights on that looked like it was from the 1920's with like 10 more guys in full fire fighter outfits I was like THE FIRE IS OUT!!!!!!!! I was soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo embarressed all these guys from my ward... I HOPE this has died down by Sunday.... then some more guys pulled up in a SUV...like um wow... so they after they stood in my yard and talked for ever they deceided to leave and packed up their big fan I was like um can you please take the microwave out of my yard and throw it in the trash cause I am not married and I for real do not think I can lift that in the trash can, and I dont teally want to call one of my friends husbands to come and do that :) so they did my friend said it is a good thing I called 911 to get someone to take my microwave and throw it in the trash can for me...
also apparently my whole town knows this story now....(even more embarrassing) so that is my FIRE:)
they said this is their first and probably only fire on 09... again I really really really hope this story has died down by Sunday or I know it WILL get brought up in Sunday School :)

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Crazy!! I am glad it turned out ok and your house didn't burn down ;)

Unknown said...

I KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!! that is why I called 911.... :)crazy crazy! ahahhah

Erin said...

Wow - that sounds like an adventure! Sounds like you gave the firefighters some much-needed excitement.