Wednesday, August 3, 2011

field trip

In May 2011 I finished a book about the first ladies by Margaret Truman. I felt like it was a good time to go to The American History Museum and see the first ladies gowns since I had not done that since probably The Reagan Administration. The exhibit was VERY crowded and that was a weekday in May. Some gowns I could not get pictures of there were just to many people. The pop culture exhibit was super crowded too...I had heard that Jerry Seinfeld had donated THE PUFFY SHIRT to the American History museum.. I guess it is not on display right now..that was sad to me. I did like see Fonzie's jacket and the ruby slippers though and since I was reading a book about Theodore Roosevelt's kids at the time it was neat seeing his son Archie's paint set.
This is not her inaugural gown but this did belong to Grace Coolidge


Michelle Obama..I LOVE THIS DRESS!

President and Mrs. Obama
I should go down to DC and just hang out there when he gets re-elected in 2012...

Michelle's dress and her Jimmy Choos. We have a stylish first lady for sure.

modest Laura Bush. love it! 


Mamie and Jackie.

Rosalyn's gown is just a LITTLE dated..she caused a stir because she had worn this dress when to something in GA already a few years before..I say YOU GO GIRL! Way to be thrifty!!

Is that J Lo with Betty Ford? No I think it is some Iranian person..Betty's dress is so low cut! RIP Betty Ford. She was very candid and was not afraid to speak her mind.

This paint set belonged to Archie Roosevelt one of Theodore and Edith's sons.

FONZIE'S jacket and part of Minnie Pearls hat.

THE RUBY SLIPPERS!

No comments: