Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Field trip

In May 2011, While Zorig was at pre-school I took Buuvei to The Arlington National Cemetary in Arlington, VA. We parked and walked in there were signs saying to be quiet and to not run and to respect that it was a cemetery so I left my money in the car..then I found out they have a GIFT SHOP.. AND I DON'T have a magnet from there..so I will have to go back another time..
kind of a mixed message if you ask me... like be quiet, don't run..be respectful...BUT HEY BUY STUFF FROM US OR GET ON A TOUR BUS HERE!!!!!!
We stopped by and saw The Kennedy graves, JFK, RFK and Teddy. We walked over and went to the tomb of the unknown soldier.
Buuvei LOVES guns so I wanted to take him to that. He really liked it. He told his mom, dad and brother all about it and how the guy went "like this with his shoes" and then would copy what the guard did and copy what he did with his gun. while we were sitting there, Buuvei also put his boot under the railing AND THE GUARD, guarding the tomb SPOKE TO US...he was like MA'AM MAKE SURE ALL OF YOUR SONS BODY PARTS ARE BEHIND THAT RAILING...in front of all the 3000 people there...I was like Buuvei he was talking to you! He wants to make sure your foot is behind the railing! :)
After we saw that we had a nice walk back to the car and drove back to pick up Zorig..
I am still mourning that I did not get a magnet from there that day...My phone and computer are still having picture issues hopefully I will put some on FB later...

No comments: