Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Keli travels Memphis part 32 May 2015

Melinda and I got settled into our hotel. 

It was SO GHETTO. 

tons of stuff was missing.. the bedspread was so thin..

this place is probably rented out by the hour..

but it had AC and it was safer and better than tent camping. 

I went to the front desk where the lady that worked there had her kids sitting in the lobby watching TV... and asked her if she knew of anywhere we could go out to eat.. she directed me to some chain... I said no, 

we want something more local...

more ELVIS...

she said well there is this place Marlowe's they will come pick you up in a pink Cadillac...

WHAT... 

SOLD..

I went back to the room and told Melinda.. we  were super excited!!!! 
HERE IT IS COMING TO GET US!!! I could not believe that something this cool came to a ghetto hotel like that.. but then again that is the only thing around there..

 Melinda and I .. It was both of our first time in a limo!!!! 

 outside of the restaurant ...

 where we ate..

added bonus! Guy has been there! 

I got this BBQ spaghetti.. it was good but not good together.. but everything else I got was DELISH so I was OK..

Our waiter was named Fred and he said that " I was so hot that he wanted to move to VA with his 10 kids to be with me..

then he said he was just kidding he really had 11..

He asked me what kind of drink I wanted and I said nothing alcholic.. he said you want something that will get you there.. I said no.. I do not want to go there... he said how about something that will get you there part way.. I said no I do not want to go at all...

 they also had bad grammar there...

 and this is a replica...

 BUT THIS WAS REAL!!!!!!!!

our limo driver back was racist.. like well welcome to the south...

and I could not buy a magnet cause the gift shop only took cash..

BUT DO NOT GET ME WRONG.. I am not complaining WE GOT PICKED UP IN A PINK CADILLAC AND ATE AT A COOL PLACE! 

one of our favorite things we did for sure!!!!





No comments: