Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Keli travels Memphis TN part 31 May 2015

Melinda and I rolled into Memphis later in the evening. A lot of people told me Memphis was a ghetto.. but OMGOSH.. I HAD NO IDEA...

I barely saw a whole car almost every car I saw was full of rust or had smoke coming out of it or the door was blue and the rest was red some junk like that. 

I have no idea what it was like when Elvis lived there but wow... it is run down now.. at least in his area. 

We pulled up to the gates of Graceland and people had signed all over the place that they had been there. 
 There is a historical marker. This makes me wonder how many singers have their own historical marker. I am almost positive I remember that Patsy Cline does in Winchester, VA. 

 I think that it used to be in style to get your gates all decked out .. like YOU NEED TO KNOW AND RECOGNIZE someone famous lives here... I saw this some on the celebrity homes tour.. SOME because well people now a days do not want people to know they live there..I think there might have been more rags to riches stories back in the day.. like NOW THAT I AM RICH I MUST DO EVERYTHING I CAN TO SHOW THAT.. like get a gate like this..now it is almost like your parents are rich and somewhat famous so that is a springboard into you being famous..

 me in front of the gates.. people have signed all over those bricks..

 close up of me. 

We then drove around to find a hotel. They were ALL the same..There is one expensive one The Heartbreak Hotel but that is like $100 a night.  The rest were cheap and fully decked out in Elvis..they were ALL BOOKED we then moved on to cheap ones with no Elvis..

We finally picked on that had free wifi that did not look TOO ghetto... and here is the catch the wifi was free cause it did not work... .......

I felt so cool standing by those gates.. Melinda and I had talked about going to Graceland MANY TIMES.. I had talked about going many times.. and WE MADE IT! ..

I feel like every American needs to go once! 

It is so cool to think that Elvis once stood outside those gates and gave people gifts and such! 



No comments: