Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Keli travels Memphis part 39 May 2015

I think that the ONLY reason that Melinda and I spent ONLY six hours at Graceland is because we had to get to The Civil Rights Museum in the same day. 

 It is located at The Lorraine Motel. 

 which is famous because this is where Martin Luther King Jr. was assasinated. 


 that wreath is at the exact spot where it happened. 

 they have replicas of the car he had and of the car that his friends had at the time parked outside. 

 The front of the museum. 

 
 these are statues of people waiting to get on the bus. 

 me riding the bus with Rosa Parks. 

 ROSA PARKS

 this picture did not come out well..but I kinda like how it looks. 

 statues of people protesting. 

 people sitting at the lunch counter. 

 a burning bus. 

 this reminds me of Forrest Gump. 

 more statues. 

 the room where MLKJs friends stayed. 

 the room where he stayed. 

 where he walked out onto the balcony. 

 view from the window..

view the assasin had. They had a whole exhibit about him across the street. 

 I love this quote. 

This museum was very sad. It is hard to believe that those things went on in America and are still going on. I am glad that we went. 













 









No comments: