Thursday, September 18, 2008

recipe



Last Friday night Becky, Matt and Melissa DeFriez came over and we made donuts! I looked up a recipe online for a Krispy Kreme copycat recipe. I made the dough before I went to work in the morning as it was suppossed to rise twice. I just left it set all day and hoped it would be OK when I got home. To my delight it was! We rolled out the dough and cut out donuts with a donut cutter that I had purchased at Kitchen Kneads. (my favorite kitchen store in Logan for sure) I heated the oil and threw in a donut hole and hot oil splattered all over my hand burning it in three places. The burns on my pointer finger and palm are fading, but I have a very ugly scar on my middle finger. My burns hurt more than any burns I have ever received in my life so I spent the rest of the time that the kids were there with my hand under cold water. we burnt several donut holes and a few donuts and then we got to a stage where we did it right but we they came out doughy. Then finally pefection we got the donuts JUST RIGHT!!!!! The donuts wer so yummy and the glaze, well you just have to make them yourself and see.We made lots of donuts and the kids took a huge plate full of donuts home. I brought a plate over to my friend Shelli and her families house and Shelli let me have some aloe vera. I am so glad I covered my hand with aloe vera and reaplyed several times. I think it is the only think that helped me make it through the night. I am going to attach the recipe I found online,



Doughnuts
2 cups scalded milk
1/2 cup butter
2/3 cup sugar, divided
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons yeast
4 eggs (beaten)
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
7 cups sifted flour
Glaze
3 cups powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup cold water
Directions
1Mix together ingredients for glaze
.2Melt butter in hot milk, add 1 tsp sugar and salt.
Allow to cool.
3Beat in yeast, nutmeg, eggs, remaining sugar, and 3 cups flour.
4Add rest of flour (dough will be sticky).
5Knead for 5 minutes then allow to rise for 1-1 1/2 hours
.6Roll out dough, cut into shapes.
7Do not re-roll dough,
then allow to rise for 30-45 minutes
.8Heat oil to 365° and fry 1 - 2 minutes on each side or until brown.
Toss in the doughnut holes first
, let those cook, and then proceed to cooking the donuts.
9Let them cool on a paper towel - helps get the glaze to stick.
10Dip in warm glaze.

As you know I just let it rise all day while I went to work. I WISH I was at the point in my life where I could just be home all day baking... one day I will be then there will be a lot more of these blogs!

Be careful with the oil so you don't burn yourself will put pictures up very soon I promise!~

I got this recipe off recipezaar or something like that

































































































































































































































































































































































































No comments: