Sunday, September 14, 2008

field trip




So I had quite the day on Thurs. I went out, got in my car to go to work and the battery was dead. I had left my headlights on all night. Lucky for me some Lewiston City workers were nearby and that was fixed in a jiffy. So I started out to go to work and in Richmond my car started driving really well lop-sided. I had a strong feeling I had a flat tire. I did not want to believe it though I had had a flat tire just three weeks ago on the driver front. This was on the passenger front. So I just kept driving hoping against all hope that I would be able to make to Qwest THEN figure out what to do. I made it through Smithfield and was probably in Hyde Park when the last of the tire went. I pulled in to a parking lot of place that makes factory homes and looked at my tire it looked like a wild animal had attacked my tire with its claws. I called my friend Lexie and she called her husband Davey ( who I also work with) Davey and another co-worker Rory came and fixed my tire lickety-split. In my stress I had called in and said I would not be at work until noon. It was only 9:15. So I went and got my tire fixed at a place called Jack's tire and oil in Logan. They only charged 21$ Which was much better than the 80$ I payed for the tire I replaced three weeks ago. I am now convinced of two things,
1. There is something in my driveway that is making me get flat tires. I am going to go to Smithfield Implement and buy something that picks up metal to try and get whatever it is.
2. Anytime I get a flat tire I am going to get if fixed ASAP.
I also am thinking VERY SERIOUSLY about triple A. Maybe I would get on first name basis with the triple A people, kind of like my friend Beth calls the cab company she is like "hi I need a cab", and they said is this "Huntington Square" I would be like "um hi triple A" and they would say "yes Keli where are you this time?"
I ran a few errands I went and bought some cleaning supplies and while at the store I realized that cleaning products are marketed to women and well it works. Like products these days smell like mountain fresh air and so many bottles are purple. If you actually look down the cleaning aisle and look it is like a purple explosion. I have to admit I bought several things because of the smells and the pretty bottles so well the strategy paid off. I told this to my friend Katie that evening and she also pointed out that all the cleaning commercials are all about WOMEN cleaning. I had never realized how sexist the cleaning supply market was until now. I guess they don't want men to clean or even help women clean. This woman needs to clean I have been deep-cleaning for two days now and I have not gotten that far. I guess you don't progress as fast when you are really cleaning. Cleaning though is worth it. As I said in the past two days I have not gotten far, but as I look back on what I have done cleaning wise and the growing pile of things I am getting rid of... I can't help but smile.
So I got to work had a great day there;which was made even better when my friend Katie picked me up at work. We drove to Preston,Idaho and went to the Oneida Narrows Reservoir. You drive all the way through Preston when you get to Burger King and the road splits you go to the right you pass the golf course and well you just keep going and going and going until you get to a Hwy 36 take a right there. Then you drive and drive and drive until you see a sign that says Oneida Narrows and you take a left.
You will then see a house on the left where an enterprising family has set up a soda machine in their front yard with a sign that says "cold drinks" so there you go if you ever need an idea of how to make some extra dough, set up a soda machine in your yard with a sign that says "cold drinks" it is like a twenty-four lemonade stand you don't even have to man.
the Oneida Narrows is a stretch of river that you can tube down. Katie actually did this on a date when she was in HS. I want to do it. We stopped at the first pretty place we saw and took some really cool pictures in a huge pipe and on the rocks in the water. The pictures came out really good. We also found a dead bird that looked like the only reason that it died is that it just gave up and crashed into a rock. We also saw a dead fish that also looked like the only reason that it died is that it just swam up on a rock and died. We took pictures of both.
We then drove on until Katie saw a tree with a really cool branch. She climbed out on it, I was to scared but I took some very cute pictures of her on the branch
We then drove on a bit and thought we had best turn around so that we could get back to Preston in time to get something to eat. We turned around at a cattle guard. I looked up and saw a HUGE CAVE! Yes a cave! we were like is that a CAVE???!! and wow it is HUGE! we saw a little trail leading up to the cave and decided we needed to take it. It was about 7:30pm at night as we started hiking up the little trail. I had on flip flops and almost every step I took my foot flipped out of my flip flop. I protested several times. Katie said that this was my idea that I could take off my shoes and keep walking. I once again huffed and puffed my way up a trail. We stopped once on a black rock and took some pics and forged on.all of a sudden RIGHT in front of me was the cave!! the hike was only about ten minutes max and would have been shorter if we had been wearing the right kind of shoes. When the cave appeared around the corner it was like we were in Moab. Where you hike for a short amount of time and then see something huge. The entrance to this cave was just enormous. It was getting dark and we could hear bats wings flapping.... bats making what ever bat noise they make and owls hooting I am SERIOUS!!!! I felt like we were in a Scooby Doo episode and I was Shaggy and Scooby combined ZOINKS! I also had a bit of the Cowardly Lion thrown in, I made Katie take a picture of me and how scared I was because I am serious this is the most scary thing I have done (except for dating) in a long time. Katie actually stood in the entrance of the cave and I took some pics. There are two holes where you can go farther back in the cave, neither of us had any interest in doing this with all the bats and owls making so much noise. I was also so scared I pictured in my mind a big cougar or something walking out from one of those holes. After we snapped some pictures. We started the trek down. it was so steep. Not very good in the shoes that we were wearing Katie kind of did a crab walk down I on the other hand well just put my jacket on the ground and slid down like it was an alpine slide. My jacket was so dirty that when we got in the car and I put it on the floor a big cloud of dust emanated from it.
We ate dinner at Mis Amores in Preston. I like that restaraunt Katie thought it was just OK
Then headed back to Utah :)

3 comments:

Elaine said...

keli, you should definitely get AAA. I also have bad luck tires, but l luckily i have been okay the last little while. i love your blog and your sense of humor!

Unknown said...

I KNOW I AGREE!!!! I better put that on my list of things to do!!! glad to know I have readers I finally am putting pictures up

Kate said...

That was a freaking scary cave, yo.