Thursday, October 30, 2008

recipe


I made the yummiest caramel chocolate apples tonight! I MADE caramel like MADE it not unwrapping a bunch of caramels I MADE it... did I say I made caramel??? Any way Sami and Jessyca my co-workers daughters came over. I also invited my friends Lexie and Emyrie Adams and Becky and Melissa DeFriez and Megan Harold. Lexie melted chocolate in the microwave and we had tons of toppings and had fun putting them on the apples. Here is the recipe I found online I made that
1 cup butter (no substitutes)
2 cups packed brown sugar
1 cup light corn syrup
1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
2 teaspoons vanilla
8-10 wooden sticks
8-10 medium tart apples
Directions1Insert 1 wooden stick into each apple. 2In a heavy saucepan, combine the butter, brown sugar, corn syrup and milk; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. 3Cook and stir until a candy thermometer reads 248 degrees (firm ball stage) about 30-40 minutes. 4Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. 5Dip each apple into hot caramel mixture; turn to coat. 6Holding by the stick, sprinkle with nuts or whatever you desire while the caramel is still warm. 7Set on buttered wax paper to cool.

So I made some for all my friends at work and I realized something almost ALL MY FRIENDS ARE MEN like I made a list
Aaron
Rory
Ben
Dan
Couper
Paul
Jake
Justin
...better make one for Josh too, he sits by me and that would be rude if I did not...
wow all men....
I have Doddie too but she is out for surgery... and Cindy.... she is a doll and I better make one for Josh... he sits by me but yeah almost ALL MEN

I don't remember which website I got this off of or I would have credited them :)

2 comments:

Erin said...

Yum, that sounds really good. I wonder if I could get a good sale on apples now that Halloween is over...

Unknown said...

you better cause this was REALLY expensive to make buying all those apples:) but then you don't HAVE to tell everyone at your job... I am gonna bring you a caramel apple tomorrow