Thursday, January 12, 2012

field trip

I love the fall! I really do.. so many wonderful things are in the fall!
one of the many things I enjoy doing in the fall is going to fall festivals.
Every year that I am in VA I like to go to Coxes Farm in Centreville,VA it is THE fall festival around here.
One Saturday in October 2011, Will asked me to watch Julian so I decided that this year I was going to try another fall festival, since I have been to Coxes several times.
So Julian and I headed off to Leesburg, VA to the Temple Hall Farm and Corn Maize and Fall Festival.
I paid some exorbitant rate to get in... I looked around and everything cost extra.. and even if it did not cost extra ,was to big for Julian and I was not to interested in chucking pumpkins or blasting corn out of a cannon by myself.. the only thing that did not cost extra was the corn maize.I started walking around that with Julian in the stroller. That got boring really quick. It is not very exciting to walk around in corn during the day with a baby.
I came out of the corn maize and just when I thought all hope was lost, I saw a sign that said CAMEL RIDES.. did I see that right?? CAMEL RIDES!! I have never rode a camel and always wanted to.. and who knew that I only had to go to a fall festival in Leesburg, VA to do so.
I had to pay $5 a piece for Julian and myself ( they told me that they should have charged me extra for him because he was a baby and involved more risk) so we got on the camel and rode around a ring a couple of times.. WE RODE A CAMEL!!!! Julian was not even a year old and he rode a camel! :) afterward I texted his parents and said JULIAN AND I JUST RODE A CAMEL!!!:)
after our camel ride.. I bought one of those big lemonades they sell at places like that with lemons in it.. basically just to see if they were worth the hype, I also got a bag of roasted peanuts.. then Will texted me and said to come on home and I struggled to walk to the car with the stroller, the roasted peanuts and the huge lemonade. I made though..
I feel like it turned out to be a good day :)

1 comment:

juanita said...

fun! That is interesting that there would be a camel there!