Saturday, January 7, 2012

random Keli

OK random fact about me.. I am very feminine in my book choices...like VERY.. for instance in 2011 I read
* every book by Jodi Picoult, who's books are turned into LIFETIME movies often. You can't get much more feminine than that.
* I read the TWILIGHT series... enough said..
* I read a series by Charlaine Harris who also writes for WOMEN..
OK so I read a LOT of other stuff too..but seriously this is a trend with me I read feminine books...
I remember when my friend Chris wanted me to read "the hitchhikers guide to the galaxy" BORING
or when Chris and my friend Ryan wanted me to read "enders game" and "the lord of the rings" SUPER BORING..
Ryan wanted me to read "guns, germ and steel" I could not get past the title.. then another time Ryan wanted me to read some book and the words just swam around on the page I can't even remember what it was..
but I will give Ryan some credit.. he has also told me about some GREAT books too.. like
* The Far Pavilions - LOVE THAT BOOK
* Sho-gun-also loved.. it was hard to get into but I loved it..
... and in full disclosure, I have read a few books that I thought were more "masculine" like " North and South" ..but then again that was turned into a mini-series with Patrick Swayze and adored by women like my mom all over the country..
So a few months ago a guy I know named Kevin recommended" The Glass Bead Game" omgosh don't get me started.. BORING.. for real BORING.. like big font bold BORING... but I finished it.. and thanks to my boss Will I realized something..
I read books JUST TO SPITE THESE GUYS!!!! I seriously do...He was like why are you reading that book? if it is SO BORING.. I said I have to because I felt like Kevin made a comment that " it was to academic" or IDK something like that..like " are you understanding this? " or " do you get this?" I knew then that I HAD to finish that book.. for real.. Chris and Ryan have made similar comments to me in the past.. and I almost ALWAYS read and finished those books NO MATTER WHAT.. for real.. like OH NO!....so yeah.. the moral of the story is.. I for the most part like feminine books.. unless I am reading it to "spite some guy"

No comments: