Saturday, January 14, 2012

volunteering Keli

I just read a 39 page manual about "school life at Sully plantation" that will prepare me to volunteer with field trips in the school room. It was the equivalent or better than some of the manuals I have gotten at some of the trade school classes that I have taken.
here are some of my thoughts observations:
1. I would now love to have a "Wright crest" or whatever it is called to "seal my letters with"  I would even take any last name of someone I am directly related to ..but I would prefer Wright.
2. there are TEN games listed that time and weather permitting we can play with the kids outside, that kids in the past played..I wonder if the kids today of Northern VA could name one game to play outside.. I live in a neighborhood where kids can still play outside but sadly so many places you can't anymore.. which is sad in so many ways.
3. I now know that I need a quill pen and I need to write a letter with one.
I really enjoyed reading about how at Sully at times even the slaves were educated and learning about what the children learned back then. I am looking forward to volunteering in the school room.

No comments: