Wednesday, January 25, 2012

random Keli

The other day my boss was wearing some cute boots so I told her.. she said "thank you" and told me that she had gotten that her husband had got them online for her for Christmas. She said that she has a hard time buying shoes because she wears size eleven.. she said that she used to be self-conscious about that when she was  young and would actually buy shoes a couple of sizes to small for her... she said "can you believe that?" I said well yes actually and I told her what I used to do about my eyesight..
I have really REALLY bad eyesight.. REALLY.. like you do NOT understand how bad my eyesight is ...unless you have eyesight as bad as mine which is like TWENTY/THREE HUNDRED... and like -6.75 ish for contacts.. or unless yours is worse..
....and yeah I know maybe I should get lasik..but anyway...
so when I was a young teen I was super scared to TOUCH my eye and put in contacts.. like for some reason touching my eye just grossed me out and I would sit for hours in front of the mirror trying to touch my eye and put on my contacts so I wore my glass.. my big clunky.. large thick glasses with plastic frames..
so when I started going to Chantilly High I was SO EMBARRASSED so I left them off so I would walk around with my eyes really wide so you would not think I was squinting and had bad eyesight...I did things like...
walk in the boys bathroom... a couple times..
say hi to people that were not people..I knew...
I hugged people I did not know....
then I went to Cedar Lane which is a much smaller school and well I could not really get away with doing this stuff..
but I tried..
I even tried to say they were "just reading glasses" like um..yeah..these are "just for reading" I don't really "need them"...of course I don't.. so I would bend over on my paper to do my work and put them on to see the board.. I wonder what the teacher thought ...? she was probably like OK..whatever..
then one day this guy was like "hey coke bottle!" I was like um no you are mistaken these are "just for reading" I don't have bad eyesight" he was like um no those are THICK.. there is NO WAY those are just for reading..
BUSTED..big time..
I had to go home.. get over my fear of touching my eye... and PUT MY CONTACTS IN...
I still to this day have a phobia about glasses.. I have owned some pretty cool glasses .. but when I think of myself in glasses I just see that young teen with frizzy hair and tons of acne THICK LARGE GLASSES...
so I guess there is only one thing to do.. I need to buy some new cool glasses and actually wear them until I realize that I look cute in glasses..
..and well there is another thing too.. I can help any one I come in contact with feel better about him or herself..
I guess the Beatles really were right "all you need is love" ...and cool glasses! :)

No comments: