Tuesday, June 12, 2012

random Keli

Recently my brother went on a trip to Salt Lake City with his volleyball league to play in a tournament. My brother is not LDS and had never been to Utah. I asked him some of his thoughts about Utah here are some things he said:
1. that there were " no cars anywhere" that when he went out there was like " no one on the road.." I said oh I know compared to here.. but people there think that is TRAFFIC..they say things like is the traffic there as bad as it is here?? like um............people there think if you are going 45 mph and there are other cars on the road that you are " in traffic" I would love that to be the case when I go home tonight..  instead of sitting there for 45 minutes and going 5 mph..

2. there were homeless people everywhere.. I don't think that my brother realized that SLC IS a big city in Utah.. but I guess he was comparing it to what if we had homeless people everywhere here in the suburbs..because SLC looks like a suburb HERE..

3. everything closes early.. he said there was " like nothing to do" and you would just go out at night and it would just be other people from the volleyball tournament roaming around looking for something to do..

4.They have really strange liquor laws he said that they were in a restaurant and he ordered a drink and they let him have two in one hour and then one an hour after that and none after that.

I was like but did you like the mountains!!!! he was like " oh yeah they were nice"

and there you go one non-LDS person's brief opinion of SLC

2 comments:

nicnerd said...

I have to agree with your brother, Salt Lake City is one of the dullest places in America. To me it is an example of religion gone way too far.

Unknown said...

hahahaha well compared to the rest of Utah that place is HOPPING they are not the least religious town though that honor most likely goes to Park City or Moab..