Friday, June 22, 2012

Field Trip

Silver Lake American Fork Canyon, Utah 2005



While living in Utah County I became friend with Rob and his crush then girlfriend, then fiance, now wife Erin. All of us enjoyed outings so I planned this one to Silver Lake in American Fork Canyon.
I remember we had to drive really far up a mountain and I think that Erin drove in the SAME CAR THAT THEY HAVE NOW.. Erin told me today that, that car is having car trouble since this was in '05 she can not blame me. I wish we had been driving my current car because it has 4-wheel drive .. but I did not have that then ANYWAY I DIGRESS!
We started out on that hike and it was one of those hikes that you have to sign in to.. something in me LOVES those hikes.. I just feel SO COOL!!! like KELI ANN WRIGHT was HERE!!! today!!! on this hike..!!! and sometimes they have something at the summit you sign into too.. like I MADE IT!!! I wonder if they have anything like that here in the DMV??
anyway I remember when we were hiking I asked everyone that we passed " how much longer to the lake? and everyone seemed to say that it was " 15 more minutes" ... ................................... I wanted to do that to people on the way down ..but Rob said remember how we felt .. let's not.. but I did once anyway.. :)
When we got to the lake it was amazing! SO BEAUTIFUL like WE HIKED TO AN ALPINE LAKE IN THE MOUNTAINS!!! there were some teenagers up there jumping off rocks into the water which they said was ICE COLD.. I can imagine and there were people that were hiking all the way around the lake even in the snowy parts.
We had a picnic up there. It was a great day!
Erin is now a married stay at home mom with two kids Emily is 3 and Elliot is 19 months. I said that we needed to go somewhere! because this picture reminds me that I barely ever see Rob.. so, we will hopefully go camping in September!

No comments: