Sunday, June 3, 2012

missionary Keli

So When I knew I was going on a mission and when my papers were in.. I had a few desires.. I wanted to stay in the CONTINENTAL UNITED STATES speaking ENGLISH..all for selfish reasons really.. like I wanted to get mail..and it took ages to get mail back in the dark ages of 1999-2001 before missionaries were allowed to email.. I also was scared to learn another language..scared to live in another country where the comforts of the US of A were not so readily available.. but I did not even want to go to Canada or HI or Alaska.. NO I had .. I mean I just HAD to go to the continental US.. speaking English.. and I had another stipulation.. I had to go to a state I had NEVER been.. to.. my first choice was the Provo, Utah mission.. because I had never been to Utah and wouldn't it BE COOL to be a missionary in UTAH!!?? People told me to NOT pray/say whatever that I wanted to go to a certain place because then that would NEVER happen.. oh well I did anyway.. I just had to go to the continental US speaking ENGLISH.. and I had such faith that my prayers were answered.. and I went to the Ventura, California mission .. here is a picture of me in April 2000 in Agoura Hills, CA at a members house.. one of the wealthiest areas of my mission.
PRAYERS ARE ALWAYS ANSWERED..and sometimes the answer is sure why not :)

No comments: