Thursday, November 15, 2012

field trip

a few weeks ago, I went out for the evening with my friends Michelle and Monica.
Our first stop was a place in DC called The Amsterdam Falalfel House.
I had read about it in a book I checked out from the library and thought I should try it. We parked in a parking garage and walked past several homeless/occupy DC people to get there. We went in and had no idea what to order we could get a 2 piece falafel served in a pita bread or a 3 piece .. I was really hungry so I said that I wanted the 3 piece the guy behind the counter said that I might want to rethink that because most ladies can not finish the 3 piece.. because once it gets in my stomach it expands and turns into something else...........
I got the 3 piece because I was really hungry.. so did Michelle.. so did Monica .. none of us could finish it..also we all got frys ... they gave us more frys  than Five Guys does...we should have got ONE fry and shared it!!! I gave all of our left-over food to the homeless/occupy DC guys..
We also got their virgin brownies that they make with virgin olive oil.. they were good..
I felt like this place really needed an instruction manual.. like we were supposed to smoosh our falalfel in the pita to make room for the toppings we did not know that until finally a nice staff person took pity on us..There were also a lot of toppings.. they needed a suggestion to what mixtures were good and what to put on there because I did not even know what some of the toppings WERE.. seriously!!
but all in all we had a good VERY filling experience there.. after that we walked around Adams-Morgan for a very entertaining night..that I will explore more in another post.

No comments: