Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Super Saturday Oakton, VA 2012

Last weekend we had our annual Super Saturday. It was a great day here are some of the fun things that I did and the other ladies there did.

1. there was a bread making class. ...I had been at work late the night before and thought.. I can just sleep in and go late to this class.. It is probably just Sandy giving us tips on how to make bread.. eh.. I was so wrong..I should have got up.. the class started at 9.. I got to the church around 9:30 and went into the class around 9:40.. there were people sitting around 3 or 4 tables and they were split up into partners or small groups and rolling out their own cinnamon piece of bread and then putting butter on it and cinnamon and brown sugar.. and then they rolled it in a snake and then made it into a ring, Sandy showed them how to then cut it with some scissors and fold it down to make it look fancy.. it is called a cinnamon ring.. or a Christmas ring or something like that...YUM..wow...
there was also a LONG church table FULL of bread that Sandy had made for us to sample holiday bread from all sorts of European countries..and cinnamon rolls and orange rolls and she had these little red bags that she said that people could fill up with as much bread as they wanted and take home...
wow... Sandy is for real AMAZING...

Then I went to a gift-wrapping class... Sarah taught that.. she showed us how to wrap gifts with only three pieces of tape.. Then Gaye taught us how to make a Santa Head.. look on my FB I am still not sure if it is creepy or cute.. you wrap crepe paper around different small gifts and then just keep wrapping and then you make the last layer pink and then make a hat and a beard and put on eyes... hahahahahah then the person on Christmas morning opens it up.. and then just unwraps it to get out the presents.. I kinda want to make my brother Brad one... kinda..

Then I went to a class where we made felted pumpkins and felted soap.. I was not able to finish either of these YET.. but I got the gist of it.. so I can at home.. I really liked that craft..

there were also stations where people could make
hair bows
big letters with decoupaged pictures on them
towels with vintage Christmas pictures
bags with scripture stories.
salt scrubs
and
gift tags

the food that they served was done by Jenny in our ward and it was amazing.. she made
some sort of feta phyllo bread
lemon yogurt bread
she had tomato basil bread and sourdough bread sitting out with butter and cream cheese to go with it..
she also had pumpkin donut holes and zucchini bread and some other kinda of bread with cream cheese and butter..
she had two different flavors of water..
it was so good..
I don't even KNOW how much of that lemon yogurt bread I ate..

I wish that this was better edited and I wish that the technology that I have access to was up to speed with how I envisioned this post in my brain.. but it is what is..and this is all I have and I am grateful for that...!

No comments: