Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Keli Travels

FUN! 

MORE FUN!

TRIPLE FUN!

..and there was even a MONGOLIAN exhibit!
I love my friend Cindy! she is one of the best people I know! 
...When I went to Utah in June, Cindy was nice enough to pick me up at a gas station in SLC.. when Melinda dropped me off I was so excited... I saw her from a stoplight away and I said to Melinda "THERE SHE IS!!!" I SEE HER!!! " 
...IT IS ALWAYS GOOD TO SEE CINDY!!!! 
Cindy, her roommate's daughter Ashlynn ( at least I HOPE that is her name), Cindy's son two year old son Dylan and myself drove to Ogden,Utah and went to The Treehouse Children's museum http://www.treehousemuseum.org/visiting_treehouse.php
We walked in and there was SO MUCH TO DO! some of the highlights I can touch on were..
*they had a fire fighter clothes that you could dress up in a large fire truck that we could climb all over.
* little areas representing several countries with clothes,furniture, toys and lots of other stuff representing that country.. SO MUCH FUN! 
China, Germany, Mexico, Japan, and a few other countries were exhibited ... and they had MONGOLIA.. where Ralph went on his mission.. how cool is that.. they had a Mongolian Ger that we could go in. 
* there was a big treehouse in the middle of the museum that we had to go up to go to the other exhibits.
*an area set up like it was a hospital and their were baby dolls to take care like they were newborns..
* a HUGE area with all sorts of stuff to do with knights and ladies that sort of thing.. I love that whole era so I LOVED THAT AREA!!! 
* a music room with different instruments for you to play from around the world.
*interactive floor maps of Utah and the US that you would stand on and a computer would quiz you.
* an oval office and lots of other Americana stuff to pose with.
* a place where you could write a story and it highlighted Utah authors.
* a place that celebrated the west and the farms and rodeos that Utah has.
* and a place where they had art that you could make that highlighted different exhibits the day that we were there we made Mexican art they said they have all their exhibits set for art projects ...except one.. they have no idea what to do regarding Mongolian art...

in closing .. if you could not tell we had a LOT of fun.. This is me and Cindy's "thing" when I come we go to museums.. this is our second one.. so who knows 
where we will go next time! 

oh and PS..I think I just might know someone that can help with that Mongolian art idea :)

No comments: