Monday, July 8, 2013

Keli Travels

So I got to SLC and called Melinda and said I am HERE! she said "you are here!, oh wow, you are early, I have not left my house! ...but you need to get your bags right?" I said " nope I did not check any bags" ...I never check bags when I GO to Utah... more on that later.. so I walked down and out of the airport and walked outside and

IT FELT GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO HUMIDITY .... I did not feel OPPRESSED by the heat.. and I thought THIS IS NICE....way nice...

a short time later.. Melinda came and we headed over to a place called "The Red Iguana" It is in Salt Lake City and was featured on Diner's Drive In's and Dives. Melinda said that she had been there before and it was good.

here is a link to it if you want to check it out


If you are in that area I recommend going to this place it is WAY yummy...and we had great service .. the only downfall  was that it was in a should I say "interesting part of town" near all these warehouses.. and run down motels and hotels that said that they offered "color TV" and stuff like that...

I posted a picture of one on FB to be funny but I guess people thought I was really staying there.. SHAKE MY HEAD... 

The restaurant was packed but we got seated right away so that was good.. I took a lot of pictures that I will hopefully be able to put on FB or somewhere soon...

They are famous for their Mole so they gave us a WHOLE plate of Mole that we could try with ALL their different Mole's..

HOW NICE IS THAT!? I told my friend Cindy and she said that they had done that for her also when she went there so I guess that is standard practice there..

Melinda got this pumpkin flavored Mole that was delish.. and I got the chile verde.. they also brought me out a plate of that to try before I ordered it .. 

We had a great time there and liked our food.. 

interesting EXTRA story!!! while we were in there... a woman walked in with a cute dress.. and then a little bit later ANOTHER woman walked in with a cute dress..and Melinda noticed they were THE SAME DRESS .. on TWO different women in the restaurant ...

so I had to tell the ladies...one of the said to the other " we must have good taste!" they said they got the dress at Ross...

So I said " Ralph said that Ross was open until like 10:30 or 11 now.. so we headed over to a Ross which unlike here are not everytime we turn around.. there we had to actually drive twenty minutes to one..and when we got there it was closed... oh well...

we went back to Melinda's apartment and stayed up WAY ... WAY ... WAY ...late talking....

VACATION MODE IS NOW ON!!!!!!!!!

No comments: