Thursday, July 25, 2013

Spiritual Keli

I am so grateful that the young men in my church have the priesthood.. I am so grateful to the mom's dad's caregiver's teachers, leaders that help those young men to realize who they are..

Currently in my life I am so grateful for Bishop Forsyth in my ward for being an amazing leader.. those boys in my ward are lucky!

I am grateful that when I read those things the guy that I go on dates with Ralph, ..lives that way.. and must have been a great young man!

I hope if I ever am a mom or have a son... that I can remember this .. and be a great mom..

I am reading a book of Thomas S. Monson quips.. today I read about The Aaronic Priesthood.. here are some things that I highlighted.

1. It is a privilege which is to fulfill a vital role in the life of every member through this participation in administration and passing of the sacrament each Sunday. 

I wonder if parents tell their son's that.. or if YM leaders tell the boys that.. or if new converts know.. JUST HOW IMPORTANT THAT IS TO PASS THE SACRAMENT...

2. about what to teach your son to prepare him for a mission " teach your son to cook, but more particularly, teach him how to get along with others. He will be happier and more productive  if he learns these two vital skills" ..

um...can I get an amen ! seems like a lot of moms that raised sons that are my age and still single dropped the ball and sat and watched it roll down the hill on this one...

3.about what to do when you have the Aaronic Priesthood 
1. Grow in Wisdom
2. Walk by Faith 
3. Teach through testimony
4. Serve with love 

4. This then is our goal: to save every young man, thereby assuring a worthy husband for each of our young women strong Melchizedek Priesthood Quorums and a missionary force trained and capable of accomplishing what the Lord expects

This is a great goal.. ! 

5.Some do not take seriously or understand fully, the necessity of being worthy in order to exercise their priesthood..

REPENTANCE IS IMPORTANT.. if you need to repent do it.. don't go through the motions and not be worthy..

No comments: