Thursday, November 14, 2013

Keli Travels

I love the movie Forrest Gump.. I have seen it A LOT of times.. you may not want to watch it with me because well I laugh at parts that may not be funny.. unless you have seen them as many times as I have..


"LT. DAN YOU GOT NEW LEGS!!!"

I also cry at parts

" and even though Bubba was dead and Lt. Dan said I was nuts, I gave Bubba's mama Bubba's share. You know what? She didn't have to work in nobody's kitchen no more"

that part gets me... and many other parts.



You know what else I LOVE.. ROADSIDE ATTRACTIONS..

I am NOT EVEN KIDDING YOU...

I love ... love... LOVE ROADSIDE ATTRACTIONS

did you know in Utah there is a place that is called Gump Hill..

AND IT IS THE PLACE IN THE MOVIE WHERE FORREST GUMP STOPPED RUNNING!!!!!!!!!???
I would put a link but I am at the library and have to go to work soon so I can't... but you know what I mean..

there is even a sign there that tells you that this is indeed where Forrest Gump stopped running.. and it does not say Tom Hanks in the movie Forrest Gump...

NO .. it says FORREST GUMP.. like he is a real person...

WHICH MAKES IT EVEN COOLER....

it is on the Navajo Reservation in Monument Valley, Utah..
Melinda and I stopped by it  in June.. and drove by it several times and every time we did there were people their taking pictures..

people know a good thing when they see it..

I later bought a shirt for myself that says Monument Valley  Utah-Arizona..

and on the back Gump Hill and the quote whatever he says..

" I think I will go home now"

I ALMOST bought Ralph one too...

but well I had a feeling that Ralph was NOT the matching shirt type of guy...

" I may not be a smart girl .. but"... hahahha

It took all I had to not by myself and Ralph TONS of merchandise that said " Gump Hill" and other stuff...

I mean it is NOT .. every DAY that you run across something as cool as this.. that has merchandise to back it up..

But I felt like a shirt for me would suffice..

So grateful for Melinda for stopping and taking these great pictures of me!

 

No comments: