Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Keli Travels


After we left Goosenecks State Park we drove up the Moki Dugway. I took pictures.. but unfortunately my phone erased them.. here is a picture off the internet that is probably  better than anything off my phone anyway..
Melinda said DO NOT TELL HER DAD that we drove up that because he worries.. so don't tell him..!!! I was worried about all the people I saw that were driving up it with trailers attached to their vehicles or in big RVs and I even saw one BACKING UP.. like really..?? anyway we drove up that whole road.. and it led us to ...
Natural Bridge National Monument Park. Which has the address of "San Juan County" ..it is OUT THERE.. We hiked to the overlook of the first bridge..
that is me.. standing on the cliff.. and you can see the bridge below. It was an interesting hike, short but strenuous..
there is Melinda on a bridge that we had to climb down and then up again..
there is Melinda ahead when she got ahead of me .. THIS IS WHAT THE TRAIL LOOKED LIKE!!!
We hiked to the BOTTOM of this one.. I have a picture of us at the bottom of it.. and well it is a horrible picture and it is already on FB and that is ENOUGH.. but there was dust blowing around down there.. and it was sunny..
so we hiked to the overlook of the first one.. then we hiked to the bottom of the second one.. and on the third one.. we were like um... I can see it from the handicap access and well.. those last two were strenuous and we are HUNGRY!!! so we ate lunch.. and then left to drive to our next destination.

No comments: