Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Trip Day 2 MORE

So before I left Utah I got my car all checked out and payed tons of money to get it fixed, they said that I needed two more tires but since they did not do tires I went to the redneck tire place that I wont name because I don't want my name associated with them if you google them... So the redneck tire place said that I only needed ONE new tire so guess which tire blew...so there I am in COLD Nebraska spinning around in circles on the highway, then for a second I was on the shoulder, then before I could even think I was rolling... yes ROLLING I was just praying that me and Spike would be OK. we ended up upside down.. Spike did not make a peep but I heard him breathing so I knew that he was OK. I was hanging upside down in my seatbelt. I thought oh my gosh that was really tiring and I AM TIRED.... I should just take a nap someone should be along to help me at some point... then I thought NO!!!! that is how people DIE! on TV!!! so in my mind I am WAY OFF THE ROAD like down a cliff or something because I am in shock and well I watch to much TV like I thought oh my gosh will I be able to SURVIVE here until someone FINDS me... in reality six different truckers had called 911. I could not figure out how to get my seatbelt off, probably because I was yanking it, so I thought OK just be calm you can do this... you KNOW how to get a seatbelt off. So I clicked it off and turned my self right side up and sat on the roof of my car, I thought I have to get out of this car and go to the street and wave someone down I rolled my car window down and a bunch of snow came in... ( I was in a snowbank) so that option was not good...I then looked everywhere to see if I could find my cell phone ( I could not) to call Kathy for some reason I felt like I should call Kathy and tell HER to call 911 and THEN I would be OK. and it was getting kind of cold..BUT THEN just as I started despair I saw lights and the paramedics and police got there. I heard them banging and I beeped the horn and was like HELP! HELP! I heard them start to dig me out and and they broke one of my windows and were like are you OK? I said yes and they asked my questions like what my name was and how old I was. This one police officer was really funny he got to me first and he put his hand on me, I heard that they do that so then you feel safe like someone is there. At first it kind of freaked me out becaue his hand was on my low back, but when he took it away I felt like WHERE ARE YOU??? He asked if I was cold, and I said that I was he said let me give you a sweater, I thought, no I don't want YOU to be cold but he handed me one of my own sweaters that had been in my car I said oh no wonder you did not mind giving me a sweater this is mine :) He said I know I have been stalking you:) He had a good since of humor :) They got Spikes side out first, I was like PLEASE DONT HURT MY DOG! I thought I hope they know there is a live dog in this car! Spike ran out and they had to tackle him ... because well he is Spike... I just crawled out throught the glass and snow. I said Hi sorry about my dog he is really wild and I need my cell phone to call my friend Kathy. They put me in an ambulance, where I almost got car sick, but we were fine. I got to the police station where they were SO NICE!!!!!! SO SO SO SO SO NICE! I called Kathy and she got in touch with the LDS people there in NE and they send this really awesome couple and there kids to come and get me, they lived about a half hour away and it was below zero and probably after 10pm. I am so grateful for them! They brought me and Spike back to there house. I was so worried about Spike, but we put him in their bathroom and he did not poop or pee in it all night or even tear anything up. I am so grateful for all my friends that helped me that night and really care about me. I am grateful for my new friends in Nebraska and how they took in Spike and I and really cared for us :)

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

I am so glad you are safe! How traumatic! I am glad you were able to find people to help.