Saturday, February 20, 2010

Field Trip


I went to The National Gallery Of Art in Washington DC in January. I can't remember if I have ever been here or not. When I was a teenager sometimes my friends and I would just drive down to Washington DC and go in random museums.
Heather, Lony and April went with me. I thought that we would take the metro but Heather said that we could drive down there. We found a parking space very easy within a very short walk of the museum. The museum was AWESOME! It was so neat to walk around and see paintings by Monet, Renoir, Picasso all those famous names that you just hear about. Heather,myself and the kids had fun posing by the statues and paintings like the statues or paintings. Lony and I got a picture by a repilica of the Lincoln Memorial. Heather asked if I could sit on Abraham Lincoln's lap... The security guard said no. :) Afterward we walked around the sculpture garden and took pictures the kids stopped at a stand and bought I love DC shirts, the lady running the stand threw in a free McCain for president 2008 shirt...................I guess they need to get rid of them.. April had one like it all ready at home that looked the same except it said Obama on it. Later her and Lony put the shirts on and wrestled (Obama won)
We are so blessed to live in a country where you can see beautiful works of art like this FOR FREE!!!!!!:)

No comments: