Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Trip Day 4-6

I had a nice time the rest of the time I was in NE. They even asked me to stay there! .... but I felt like I should really come here to VA so here I am. I went to church when I was there. The ward was so nice and loving. I got to know some great people I look forward to seeing everyone when I go back to get my stuff in May. The people I stayed with had a lake and a creek and Spike had a lot of fun running around in the snow.

On Tuesday I flew into VA. I flew out of the Omaha NE airport which is a very small airport.When I got to where I catch my flight, there was only one newstand and one place to eat. I rode on a very small plane with only TEN people and a crew of three on it. They told us when we got on that we could sit whereever we wanted. I thought wow, I bet that it cost them more to fly this plane than it did for all of our tickets. I arrived in Cincinatti and had to RUN to make my next flight I felt like I was a contestant on The Amazing Race and the whole time I just kept hoping that Spike was able to get transferred to the right plane. I was running and praying and was told to slow down BUT I got on my flight! phew... this plane was even SMALLER there were only two rows of one seat each, there were more people on it but the plane was smaller and the crew was just the pilot and the stewardess. When I got off the plane we were outside. I did not even know that there were flights like this in the US on that little of planes and where you get off outside. When I was getting off the plane there were people waiting for me, They were like who has a dog??? I was like me I do! I thought oh my gosh I have been praying and praying please tell me he is OK??? They said that Spike had gotten loose in the baggage area during the flight... (I am sure that he peed in there and probably pooped too... ) So the people opened up the baggage area and SURPRISE! there is LITTLE BOY SPIKE!!!! like oh my!!! they were scared of him and he did not have his leash on so he was everywhere they said that I could not go over and help them for security reasons but then changed there mind. I went over and got Spike under "control" and rode with some guy in a van and went under the airport in the staff area and then came up to get my baggage. A really nice couple from Strasburg helped me take my luggage out and Heather met me out there and took me over to her house. What an eventful trip!

2 comments:

Erin said...

I still haven't met little boy Spike - we need to get together.

Unknown said...

we are going to Great Falls this weekend, if you all want to come with us :) ( just me and him)