Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Trip Day 2

I woke up in Colorado and took time getting ready I had a long drive in front of me. It was about 20 hours to OH. Where David lived and I had no where to stop or stay before that. I wanted to be as relaxed as possible. I thought if I get tired I can pull off in a parking lot somewhere. but because it was SO COLD I would have to keep my car running.. So I start driving I think that instead of Centreville,OH I accidently put in Cleveland,OH so the GPS starts taking me there. I went through Brighton,CO and stopped at this gas station that also had massages, and drug tests and sold condemns and accessories in the bathroom. I got my picture taken with a mannequin named Gus there.... and I thought that Brighton was an upscale ski resort town...

I drove and drove I was in the middle of NOWHERE COLORADO... I could not even see any mountains... I had no idea that there were even places IN Colorado where you could not see any mountains....

my phone started acting up and I thought that was going to be my biggest trial of the day. I was still receiving calls and texts and emails but I could not SEE any of them.... I got to a town called Jarlesburg,CO and they had a huge rest stop with a little trail and all the picnic tables had teepees over them but I could not take any pictures because of my phone. I was sad...

I got to Nebraska ( my first time in Nebraska) and then drove and drove and drove and drove.... I thought when I get to a town that looks like they might have a mall then I will stop there because there should be a Verizon store at the mall and I can get my phone looked at.

I stopped at a town called North Platte, Nebraska... they had a TINY mall that looked very old and very run down. When you walked in they had a give away for a tractor... I thought... WOW...there was no Verizon store in this mall... they did have a store that sold airbrushed t-shirts though... who where's those anymore anyway??? The people at the mall gave me directions to a Verizon wireless store in the town so I drove over to that. ... it was closed as in there was nothing in there.

a guy pulled up and said that he needed to get something on his phone fixed to, he called his friends in North Platte and they gave him directions to another Verizon wireless store he said I could follow him over there...that was nice of him :)

I walked in the store and this lady came up to me and hugged me and asked if I need help. she reeked of alcohal. She said that she worked there. I said yes that I could not see anything on my phone and that I needed it to work because I was driving cross country. She got me all set up with a new phone because I was still in my one year warrenty. While she was doing that she asked if I was O.K. I said that I was stressed out. She said I could tell her all my problems if I wanted and that she would listen and help me with them... I said that the only problem I had and the only thing that I was stressed about was my phone not working and she could for sure help me with that.

So she told me all HER problems, and well everything about her life... like she is a recovering alcohalic and has not drank in awhile.... like um ... maybe what since her last break...?? and she told me all about every job she has had and her kids and her grandkids and her house and her last trip to Omaha and all the fun stuff that they did while they were there... and I was like mmmhmmm wow that is cool mmmhmm oh wow really like I JUST NEED MY PHONE RIGHT NOW OK!!!! :)

So after I learned all that I could about that lady and got my phone. I went over to this place called Fort Cody Trading Post which looked like a total TOURIST TRAP...http://www.fortcody.com/ so I HAD to stop but because that lady TOOK SO LONG TALKING TO ME.... I got there and they were closing in like 5 minutes.... and they were annoyed when I even walked in they were like WE ARE CLOSING!!!! I did get a picture with native american mannequin and they were hesitant to take that they were like why do you want a picture with Injun Joe? you have Indians in UT? like um.... OK... I did get a magnet... which is now on my fridge and I would have got tons of others pictures and things but I think they were not happy that I was there... at all.. they told me that I could come back though and visit during normal buisness hours... I asked them what Buffalo Bill had to do with NE and they said that when he went out on his shows his wife lived in North Platte.... I thought OK so basically nothing...

so I left there and drove and drove and drove and drove....

and I called my friend Erin in VA and asked if I could stay at her mom and dad's in Omaha... she called them and they said yes... my GPS said only 2 hours to Omaha, so I called Kathy to tell her the good news, I found somewhere to stay!!!!!wooo-hoo!!! and I will be there in just two more hours at 10pm I will be in Omaha and I will be in a bed and it will be wonderful...

so I hung up with Kathy... and then my tire blew..........

1 comment:

Erin said...

Hey, I've been to that mall and that trading post. You didn't miss much at the trading post - you pretty much just take pictures there.