Tuesday, May 25, 2010

field trip part 2


Vanessa and Spike Red Wing Park,
VA Beach,VA May 2010

So Spike and I are at the beach, I got up in the morning and watched one or two episodes of Glee, I so needed to catch up on that show. Then Vanessa and I went to a park called Red Wing Park. They had some nature trails that we walked around on, Vanessa spotted a HUGE SNAKE, huge as in LONG, the picture is on my FB you can check it out there. Spike had fun on the nature trails, they also were having some kind of "dog party" there which consisted of a bunch of vendors trying to get you to buy expensive dog stuff or adopt dogs I thought Spike was going to go nuts around so many people and dogs but Vanessa and I were both surprised he was a very good little boy! I am still shocked like hold on is this MY DOG??? what?? They had horseshoe pits there and basketball and tennis courts we did not do any of that, but they had this really cool Japenese garden which Vanessa is pictured in above that we walked Spike through. There were people from a community painting class painting where Vanessa stood :)When we finished walking through the garden we saw a sign that said, please no dogs... like well I wish I had seen that at the OTHER entrance oops... we walked on some more nature trails and through a fragrance garden then went home.
On the way home we passed a very rundown motel with chairs that looked like they stole them from homeless people and chairs taken out of vans, I want to stay there though because they do offer color TV and they are only 10 miles or so from the beach. They did not have a number outside which sucks cause I really wanted to check there rates...
When we got back I watched several more episodes of Glee like well... maybe SIX but that is it yeah just six or so... and waited for Danielle to get back.
Danielle and I went down to the ocean front and ate at an Italian restaraunt http://www.ilgiardino.com/ They had valet parking, our first expierience with that, It was prom in VA beach and the place was PACKED we were outside on a patio and with the ocean breeze blowing it
was COLD!!! They took AGES to even get our drink order, and then to even bring it then forgot mine and then FOREVER to get our order then to bring it, what we DID get though (manicotti and pepperoni pizza) was DELICIOUS!!! to bad the service was not to good. Danielle had to use the bathroom there and she said she had to tip someone in there too, first experience with that.
When we got back I finished watching Glee then went to bed :)

No comments: