Sunday, May 30, 2010

field trip

My co-worker Victoria and took a road trip to the town on of Clifton,VA which is about 8 miles from our houses. Clifton is a historic town in Fairfax,VA which has about 200 people according to wikipedia the median income there is 110,000 a year and to have a house there you have to have at least five acres.

I was not feeling good that day BUT I felt like why stay home.

Victoria and I went to a park called Braddock Park it said on the internet there were "nature trails" there... not really just a little trail that led over by Centreville High to a rock where I think that the students smoke weed, drink alcohal and whatever else naughty HS students do...

we went to downtown Clifton and walked around and looked at the old houses, they had little historic signs outside them and more than half of these old houses, used to be bars. They have a small general store with aisles so narrow that two people can not fit down them. They also have a bar in the back

the town also has lots of places that sell wine and they are actually having a wine festival soon.

we went in a thrift store that in reality was an antique store.

we went to an ice cream store that according to the sign written on chalk boards it said it was "world famous" Victoria got ice cream but I didn't because I didn't feel good.

We also drove by a haunted bridge that they have in town called The Bunnyman Bridge. There are all kinds of local legends and lore about this bridge and a man/ghost /something that haunts this bridge. I would post a picture but I am so backed up on all things internet that I am not going to do that...so that is our day in Clifton,VA I RECOMMEND THIS TOWN!!! and hey why not go the ice cream is world famous! :)

No comments: