Friday, June 17, 2011

Austrailia Night

thought a creative, fun thing to do would be to explore different culture through food. I googled "international food"and thought I could do an AUSTRAILIAN DINNER..so I did..







I bought some shrimp, it was not on the barbie..but oh well I tried to have a contest with John Cini that I could eat more shrimp than him.. lets just say I lost..he ate like THIRTY-FIVE PIECES OR SO!!! .. I ate around nineteen..


This is my friend Lizbeth, she is frying a bloomin' onion.

Lizbeth with the completed bloomin'onion..I got these Austrailian signs at the thrift store in Fairfax,VA how cool is that?

HOME MADE BLOOMIN ONION!!! we even made sauce to go with it !

I also made lamingtons which is a traditional Austrailian dessert. It is a sponge cake that is frosted and then has coconut on it. yummy



thanks to everyone that helped make this night happen, The C. family, Rob, Erin, Emily and Elliot
John Cini
and Lizbeth O.
you all rock!
maybe next time I will do Indian food!!!!





No comments: