Friday, June 24, 2011

field trip

I took Zorig and Buuvei to The Korean War Veterans Memorial in Washington DC in April 2011. I had never been to that one.. and it is a bit of a walk from The Smithsonian metro..with two little kids and not stroller. I told them look for the "men" when we found it they said "I see the MEN!!" when we were leaving there was a part of the monument that had different countries on it that helped out in the Korean Ward.. Zorig said it is REALLY sad for him to think that Mongolia was not involved in the war.. He was like BUT DIDN'T MONGOLIA WANT TO HELP!!!! I said maybe they were not able to at the time.
Zorig on the yellow line going into DC..TAKE ONE..

 Zorig on the yellow line going into DC take TWO..he has a backpack on with our snacks in it. He was very happy to carry that.

Buuvei on the metro

See that building behind us? Zorig and I got in a BIG debate about whether it is called "the big pencil" or "The Washington Monument" he kept saying it was the first and I kept saying " no see this sign?" it says The Washington Monument this way..there is no sign that says "big pencil this way.."he said BUT IT LOOKS LIKE A BIG PENCIL!!!! I said I know that it LOOKS like that but it is called "The Washington Monument! " On the way back to the metro, he said we are almost back we just passed The Washington Monument. I said "what is it called ?" He said The Washington Monument that is what it is called even though it looks like a big pencil.. and all the signs say it is a Washington Monument.
Zorig and Buuvei by the "big pencil" AKA The Washington Monument, Washington DC- April 2011

Korean War Veterans Monument, Washington DC we talked a lot about how these men "all fought in the war for people's freedom"  and how they are all carrying guns( the boys noticed) to protect us and protect themselves..

Buuvei said HE HAS A GUN!!! :)

Zorig said really loud to me "so which one of these men is Joseph Smith?" I said none of them.. he said BUT JOSEPH SMITH DIED!!! HE NEEDS A STATUE..you told me THESE men DIED.. why do they get statues and Joseph Smith doesn't.. I said Joseph Smith DOES have a statue..it is in SLC temple square and their are PROBABLY statues of him other places. He said BUT WHY NOT HERE?? I said Joseph Smith did not die in the Korean war..these are for people that died in the Korean war...when you are with Zorig no pass along card is needed.. he will just let everyone KNOW , YES WE ARE LDS!!!!

BTW My dad was in the Korean War.. I am not sure what he did I think sat at a desk.. that is about all ...

No comments: