Monday, June 6, 2011

St.Patricks Day part 2

Ok so I am not Irish ( to my knowledge I am ONLY English and German..and My favorite color is NOT green ..it is pink..but for some reason I like to celebrate St. Patricks Day..( and well all holidays) there is just something about dressing up in all one color and dying all your food and talking about leprechauns that really makes me smile :)
so here are some of the adventures I had this year St. Patricks Day 2011
-

D., Elaine (not pictured) and I dressed in green and went to the over 31 St. Patricks Day Dance in Potomac, MD- we rocked the house...and brought some awesome green refreshments that you can read about in another post.

I dressed Zorig and Buuvei all in green for pre-school. they have on green shirts, pants and socks. I asked them to pose for this picture and Zorig said "it was really unfair because he just wanted to play" Buuvei said OK as long as he could have his "spy-man" ( Spiderman) ship in the picture. At school Zorig said that if he caught a leprechaun he would put it in a cage and tell it to do all that it could do and if it did not do all that it could do ..then he would poke it..which is better than the little girl that said that if she caught a leprechaun she would EAT it ..yum...

I dyed the cereal milk green in the morning Zorig LOVED that because some of his cereal became green also. I dyed the water green which they both loved and for lunch pictured above we had green eggs and turkey ( they were out of ham). Both boys loved their lunch.

For dinner that night I went to the Cowles families house in Sterling,VA Erin and I served spinach noodles with your choice of pesto sauce or green Alfredo sauce and broccoli on the side.

We also made Irish Soda bread that we almost forgot to dye green but our guest John Cini reminded us. Thank you John! doesn't it look so good! and it was yummy too!!


For dessert we had vanilla ice cream mixed in the blender with Andes Candies with whip cream on top

Happy St. Patricks Day!!! three months late ~ love, Keli


No comments: