Tuesday, September 27, 2011

field trip

 In June 2011, I took Oliver, Fletcher and Desmond to the B & O Railroad museum in Baltimore, MD. My GPS on my phone took me through ghetto DC and ghetto Baltimore. I did not even know until that day that Baltimore HAD that big of ghettos...it was crazy..tons of people sitting on stoops...boarded up windows..scary...the gps took me to the B & O RR YARDS not the museum..I then called the museum and it took the elderly lady on the phone awhile to figure out how to get me there..while we were stuck in the ghetto.. I saw people walking up and down the street selling "ice cold water" only $1...I thought wow REALLY? how much money can you POSSIBLY make doing that?? then I thought a LOT more than the people sitting on the stoops.
The museum did not have a TON to look at inside, but the boys still enjoyed it.
We then went outside and rode on a 20 minute train ride on a Marc train. the boys REALLY liked that. we then walked around in the HEAT looking at trains..the boys LOVED doing this..the only bad thing that I can say is that is was SO HOT that day..!!!!

1 comment:

Erin said...

Oh yeah, if you follow google or GPS directions in Baltimore, they take you through some of the worst parts of town. They need an "avoid the ghetto" option. But that sounds like fun - maybe I'll need to do it for free fall.