Tuesday, September 6, 2011

field trip

 In June 2011, I took Fletcher(2)and Desmond(1) to Gravelly Point in Arlington, VA.
Gravelly Point is a park on the GW Parkway in Arlington, VA.
we sat on the pier and where people were taking their boats in and out of the water. While we were there a tour bus boat thing came along it was a a DC Duck Tour Bus it goes on the water and the land. When the people on the bus/boat saw Fletcher and Desmond they honked on these little horns that they had it was so cute!
BUT the main attraction was Gravelly Point is RIGHT by National Airport so we were able to see planes take off and land THAT CLOSE TO US.
VERY COOL..
there was a paved trail ( probably part of the Mt. Vernon trail) and we walked on that under several bridges for awhile.
If I had brought a double stroller I think that I would have walked with them all the way to DC.

It was a great day.
also please ignore how my eyes are shut it was hard enough to find someone that could speak English enough there to take a picture of me...I had asked three different people that took VIDEOS of me.. I am just glad that we got a picture!

No comments: