Friday, September 30, 2011

field trip

In June 2011, I took Oliver, Fletcher and Desmond to a civil war site in Arlington... and I forgot the name which gives me a lot of motivation to CATCH UP ON MY STORIES!!!! It was a really peaceful park in Arlington, VA. we walked around and looked at cannons and I read all the signs outloud to the kids... Oliver then asked me a TON of questions about the civil war, battlefields, war, weapons, etc.. and I mean A TON OF QUESTIONS...future historian!!!! This is one of the reason I like taking kids to historic and cultural sites THE NEXT GENERATION MUST BE INTERESTED in the past!!!. on a side note they have a really cool house there that is you can rent out for special occasions. That day it had been rented out for a bridal shower..a drunk lady came out and started talking to me about how I was so lucky to be married with kids... and how I did not have to deal with the drama of bridal showers and those kind of things...I said oh no I am single I am their baby-sitter..she said that was still cool because I was so cool...she then gave me some extra sparkling water from the bridal shower and said she wanted to give it to me so she could "stick it to them" all those stuck up women in the bridal shower since I am not like that .. and just seeing me makes her happy..."
and this is my life... having interesting interchanges with people everywhere I go out and about.. :)

No comments: