Thursday, September 29, 2011

field trip

In June 2011. I took Oliver, Fletcher and Desmond to Clarks Elioak Farm in Ellicot City, MD I have some AMAZING pictures from there but I left my camera in Chicago and the pictures on that. The drive to Ellicot City was not bad and when we passed the temple, I said " see that building?" that is where you get married" Oliver said, even me? I said "sure why not?" we arrived at the farm.
ok backstory ages ago in Ellicot City,MD they had something called the Enchanted Forest but it stopped making money and fell into ruin and closed... apparently now you can sneak into the grounds and take pictures and stuff. Well the city and Clarks Elioak farm got together some money and started moving the stuff that was salvagable over to the farm. It is really cool. We saw things like
the three bears house
Jack and Jill falling down a hill
there was some sort of whale sitting in water and a boat called "little toot"
the old lady that lived in the shoe- that had a part where kids could climb in and go down a slide.
Fletcher fell off it once and skinned his knee...
and many many more nursery rhyme things
we also went on a wagon ride through the forest where we had to find different faces on trees..
and walked through a maze with all sorts of nursery ryhme characters.
They had a cow train that we could get on and go on a little train.. Oliver and Fletcher rode by themselves and I rode with Desmond.
they also had a petting zoo with tons of animals.. at one point there was a little goat and Fletcher was petting him and said ..." does he talk??" ... and this is what happens when kids read a lot of books hahahahha I said IDK why don't you ask him? he said do you talk??? Hello hello do you talk hahahahahh
so cute!
it was a great day! :)

No comments: