Sunday, November 20, 2011

crafty Keli

I saw a pin on pinterest where you get a map of the USA and then cut out the states and put magnets on the back of them . I thought HEY I can do that with Julian.. I told his mom and she was a little worried that he would take the magnets off and eat them, so instead I just got a map of the USA that was a little bit bigger than a placemat that you could write on with a whiteboard marker.
I brought it back to Julian's and started filling in the states.. I got
Virginia
North Carolina
South Carolina
Florida
Texas
Nevada
Arizona
Colorado
Utah
Idaho
Montana
Wyoming
Washington
Oregon
California
Illinois
Ohio
Pennsylvania
North Dakota
South Dakota
Hawaii
Alaska
West Virgina
Maryland
Delaware
New York
 ..............and that might be the only states I knew for SURE... seriously...omgosh...
my boss said that it was because
" I grew up on the coast" ( Virginia)
She said people that grow up on the coast they don't know the states in the middle...
IN CONTRAST my nephew Mark that is in THIRD GRADE knows every state and every state capital and what state a ton of president's are from...
...........................I guess I really bought that map for myself........................

2 comments:

Ann Summerville said...

How funny. I grew up in England and lived in California before moving to Texas and don't have a clue about the northern states.
Ann

Unknown said...

I am glad someone else can RELATE!!!