Monday, November 14, 2011

missionary Keli

When I was a missionary in California.. we had a missionary scripture which was Alma 53:20 "And they were all young men, and they were exceedingly valiant for acourage, and also for strength and activity; but behold, this was not all—they were men who were true at all times in whatsoever thing they were entrusted."

this caused an UPROAR with me.. like wow REALLY we have HOW many scriptures and President picks one that says MEN.. really like you can't just pick one that is good for either.. so not cool.. like I want to get up at every zone coference and say "and they were all young men" NO NO and NO.. I don't think so .. so I complained about it ... a lot.. and they ignored me.. so I complained MORE... like in front of people and often and said things like THAT IS SEXIST!!! and that is NOT RIGHT!!! they were like "Sister Wright just say it" I said no.. I will not.. because there are a LOT of scriptures out there and he did not have to pick one that only had men.. that is dumb when WE are here too.. dumb.. especially since I baptized WAY more than MOST of those men.. seriously.. ( and that was not prideful AT ALL for me to say that.. not at all) so finally I got to Zone conference and the APs stand up and say we will now recite the mission scripture which per request of Sister Wright has been changed DID I HEAR RIGHT PER REQUEST OF SISTER WRIGHT!!!!! they made us say the same scripture and say "and they were all young MISSIONARIES" .........which of course was MUCH better and SHOULD have been that way in the FIRST PLACE!!! :) Elder Adams said I was "not right" for changing the scriptures.. but what did he know??




No comments: