Thursday, November 10, 2011

missionary Keli

Ok I am going to admit something.. when I was on my mission I was a bit of a HOARDER!!! ... the thing that  I hoarded the most of was clothes.. I don't know what my deal was but I felt like I needed a TON of clothes... OK I better admit something else.. up until recently I have felt the same way.. now I am getting rid of things left and right.. but I am also BUYING more clothes too.. but out with the old in with the new.. right..BUT anyway on my mission I was all the time
going to thrift stores ( only on preperation day OF COURSE)
and if anyone was getting rid of something or left something behind that even SORT of fit me.. then guess what I would take it...
at one point when I was in Simi Valley we had other sisters as roommates and one of the Sister's Sister Child had a talk with me.. about having to many clothes..
I basically told her she was crazy and that I needed ALL THOSE CLOTHES.. ALL OF THEM...Sister Child made me put them all out on the floor and she was like SISTER WRIGHT THIS IS TO MUCH!!!! THIS IS TO MUCH!!!! and I was like NO I AM GOING TO TAKE ALL THIS HOME!!! I NEED ALL THESE CLOTHES!!!!! .... you could not reason with me.. I really, really REALLY THOUGHT I needed ALL THOSE FREAKIN CLOTHES...
............I posted a picture of this on FB.. go there now and look at it and WHAT was up with my hair did I think that color looked cool...
.... and I am holding Elder McCabe's pajama pants.. I WORE THOSE OUT.. I wore those until.. they seriously fell APART.. like I could not even save the fabric I wore them so long after my mission...
I did take most of those clothes home.. and shortly after I realized they were all NERDY and so not KELI.. they were Sister Wright.. but um so not Keli.. so with a LOT of help.. I made them into a quilt..
I have NO FREAKING IDEA where the HECK that quilt is now.. I hope that I find it one day if not.. oh well.. I will always have the memories.:)
I am grateful to Sister Child for trying to talk some sense into me.. all though writing this REALLY scares me that one day I am going to have a daughter.. and she will be hard to reason with over ridiculous things... :)

No comments: