Tuesday, May 29, 2012

random Keli

I went out to my car last week to go to Leah & Ian's house.. and the DOOR WOULD NOT SHUT.. the driver's side dented door.. I was like hmmm this could be a problem... so I called Rebecca.. their mom and I was like " I don't think I can come to work today.. my car door wont shut"....................does this kind of stuff only happen to ME??? like one time in Utah.. " I don't think I can come to work.. because I dropped my keys in the snow and it is still snowing and it is to cold and I just don't want to dig through the snow to find them.. THIS EARLY." but anyway I digress. BACK to my car door NOT shutting..
Rebecca said OK that is fine..
I had NO IDEA what to do.. I had a lot of visions in my head though.. Like WHAT IF I NEED A WHOLE NEW DOOR?.. I am about the most vain poor person you will ever meet.. I thought omgosh I don't want to be driving around with a car with a door that is a DIFFERENT COLOR..!!!!! but I kept feeling like " CALL AMEEN"
that is the mechanic my mom and brother and now me go to in Chantilly...
So my friend Erin came over on an unrelated thing.. and I asked her can you follow me to the mechanic? she said yes...

I went 40 mph...
when I pulled into the gas station my door FLEW OPEN...
IT WAS BEYOND SCARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ameen fixed it for FREE in like five seconds he just needed to move over something because it was not catching on the frame when it closed...
so now my door shuts... as a byproduct ...
my door also has to be locked manually..just that one...
there are three lights that just stay on in my car if I am driving at night..
and also if I go out to my car and I have not opened it for awhile and I open it.. the beep beep beep alarm goes off..
that happened three times yesterday and I scurried in the house to get my keys and turn it off
.my neighbors LOVED that...
BUT YOU KNOW WHAT MY DOOR SHUTS..
and I can get to work!!! :)

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Only you Keli, only you can have such weird experiences on such a regular basis

Unknown said...

I know...it seems to be my lot in life :)