Tuesday, January 29, 2013

dating Keli

I was at the Potomac Ward Christmas Party and I met a guy that I thought was ...well...hot..
.............but he was talking to one of my good friends.. He said to her " wow, what are you doing here.. you look to young to be here..." I laughed.. he said "what" I said she is a year older than me.. He said " oh is she that old" .....I said well you should get to know my friend she is really amazing.. he said is she your actual FRIEND.. or someone that you know here at church..." I said " she is my actual friend" He said " have you ever hung out with her"... He said "when" and I said " "earlier this month we toured a plantation..." He said " Oh OK so you are actual friends"....that was a whole thing was a bit awkward..

Then later I went downstairs and he was down there talking to several people and he told one woman that he had just graduated from BYU.. this woman was like "with your second degree?" He said .."no with my first" She was like "well I don't get it? why did you just now graduate..."  wow.. I hope that she meets someone that's life has just been perfect like a cookie cut out from a cookie cutter... who cares if he just got a degree..I mean seriously.. he has a career.. and well a degree even better.. good for him.. you know..

so he said to me and another woman can you repeat this sentence " who far Ted.. " I am like sure but um I don't get it" he was like "keep saying it..." then he was like " you are saying WHO FARTED!!!!!! " it is a FART JOKE" how funny is that... " myself and this other woman just sat there.. he said " I can't believe that you guys don't think that is funny... I mean this one guy upstairs he thinks it is hilarious......" I said " he would " I said ... "maybe if I was a 10 year old boy I may find that funny but I don't right now.."

So I told my friend about him and she was like.. " well he came to a party that my friend had recently and he spent all his time talking to one girl, it was like he only wanted to get to know her" ....well good for him... maybe he would actually like to be in a relationship.. instead of just go to group activities all the time.

Then I saw him at the NYE semi-formal dance .. he was there in a hoodie and baggy jeans and a pair of sneakers...we danced together and he was nice..and he said I could take a picture with him.. as long as his hoodie was covering his face....My friend said "that was HIM!" he wore THAT to the dance! to a semi-formal dance he wore THAT!?" I said yes.. that is what he wore..."

So last week one of my guy friends asked me if I thought he was hot.. I said" well he is my type looks wise" He said "well I am going to bring him to your ward"

I said "OK" then on Sunday this guy WAS AT MY WARD.. I had had a stressful morning and when I saw that guy in nice Sunday clothes who IS my type looks wise.. I wanted to crawl under my seat... like " aaah he is at my ward!!!" 

I told my married friend and she said " well go for him, he is not bad looking.." I said "well he makes fart jokes and he is like forty years old"

She said " that is what happens when men do not have the influence of a woman in their life" .... 

so I could not sit by him in Sunday School I was just to nervous... and my friend was like come back here and sit by him and I was like... " no I am already up here."

So after Sunday School, I went back and said hi to him .. I said " I have had a stressful morning.. I spilled what I had made for the potluck all over the place and had to clean that up at my house.. and now I am going to have to go and buy something"

He said "well I am going to tell the Bishop" I said " well it is already on my FB and I am friends with his son .. and he does not go to church.. so he can tell him" ... He said " well what if I tell him" I said " um go ahead.. or I can tell his wife Marilyn in RS.. I mean I don't care" ...

So after Relief Society he followed my guy friend and I to Safeway and we got a rotisserie chicken he said that he did not need to bring anything because he was a "guest".....

so at the potluck he talked to me a lot and came over and poked my arm once and I said "come and sit by me" and he said " no come and sit by me" so I did then he was very nice when I sat by him he flirted with me and talked to me... and put his hand on my arm when he was talking to me...

then someone brought up that freaking dating coach thing from the PW ward.. I about went CRAZY..and most people there were not in favor of it.. I will write a blog post about that later.. he said " Keli, calm down.. don't worry about it" and stuff like that...

I went over to him a bit later and said "sorry I got so animated.. I am just having a bad day" He said " well you don't have to change .. you just like telling people what to do" you are like a drill Sargent" I said " I know I need to not do that so much" He said " why change....I like it.. I mean you got that fire" I said well.. yeah... I said " are you dating anyone?" He said "well .. I mean I am dating but I am not dating anyone specific.. " .. but um yeah I am dating"
I said " would you like to go on a date with me sometime" he said "as a friend or what?" he said he felt like he was too old to be going out with people just as a friend and that he was not attracted to me in that way.."

I said "well thank you so much for being honest.. if more people were honest.. than I think that we would be having more success" we then talked some more...

and then when I left my guy friend had to go back inside.. and he came over and got in my guy friends car and started chatting with me.. and then my guy friend came and he left...

I told a guy in my ward how he rejected me and he said.. "well that was harsh" I said "no it was good" I mean what was he supposed to do..say yes...then cancel before it because he did not really want to go... or actually go out with me and we would both waste time and gas and money.. so he could tell me at the end of a couple of hours.. that he was just not that into me.. no I believe that he did the right thing...

my guy friend said " maybe he would change his mind in the future" I said... I am not going to count on that"

but I wish him luck!!!
 

No comments: