Saturday, February 9, 2013

dating Keli

In December 2012, I went to an activity for the mid-singles. 

While I was standing in the hall.. a mid-single man engaged me in conversation and this is what we talked about..

Him "where do you work?"

me " I work at the Leesburg Outlet mall"

Him " you don't really want to work there do you?'

me " um yes... I do.. why?

Him " because this one guy in the Potomac Ward used to work at Wal-Mart and he hated it so he went and got a degree.. and now he has a computers job.. and he does not have to work at Wal-Mart anymore.. and he is happier.. and you would be happier if you did not have to work retail..."

me" who said I was not happy?"

Him- "well that guy in the Potomac ward that worked at Wal-mart was not happy..."

Me" well who would be happy working at Wal-mart.. I mean really, I don't step foot in there!"

Him" your life would be happier if you did not work retail"

me " would it? how do you figure?"

Him " I just got a bachelors in IT, and now I am going to get a good job.. and I will be happy.."

Me: " that is good .. good luck with that.."

Him " you need to go to school and get a degree, you could go into nursing.. or something like that.. " 

Me" um WHAT!? why do you not think retail is good enough? what if I became a manager.. I think being a manager of a retail store is a "good enough" job..

Him " you would be happier if you got a degree and became a nurse.."

me.." there is NO WAY that I am going to become a nurse.. ever.. I had that idea once and I would probably have to take biology and chemistry at least two times each.. at LEAST.. and I am bored out of my mind by those classes and I just have no desire to be a nurse ...

him " you need to go to NOVA.. you could get a degree there and be happy"

me.." I have a 3.75, and like 20 credits or so.. I might be able to bypass Nova and go to GMU"

him " oh yeah .. well go there.. "

him " Keli, you will be happy when you have a degree"

at this point a man from the Potomac ward came out saw us standing there.. and even though we were talking.. he felt like he HAD to be in the conversation so he SHOUTED.. 

"OUT IN THE HALL!!!!!" .... "OUT IN THE HALL!!!!!" OUT IN THE HALL!!!"

that man has a MASTERS.. no idea if he is happy ...but he is very loud and was shouting this.. then he walked over to us... and we just stood there so he was like "what are you guys talking about.". I said that we had just gotten there.. then he asked if we had arrived together.. we said.. no.. and he was like well .. "OUT IN THE HALL!!!" then went back in the chapel...

the above  guy has also told me in the past " I need to get a degree or I am not going to be happy"

so back to my conversation with the first guy...

" him " Keli, you have got to stop, waiting for a guy to ride up and save you, you need to go get a degree.. you may not get married"

..........................................glad.. he told me that because well.. the thought NEVER occurred to me.. EVER....

me: I DO still hope to get married and I am not giving up..."

him: "well you need to get a degree, do you think he is going to pay all your bills".....

me.. " um do you think that the women in this ward PAY ANY BILLS... um no... " but I stopped waiting for a man many, MANY years ago.. I hope one comes.. but waiting no.. done waiting .. I am living my life.. but if I DO get married I HOPE I can have a baby.. and no I do not plan on working... and if I do it will be something part-time..

Him-" I used to live in Woodbridge, there are a lot of people I see here from Woodbrige and I feel bad for them, if they still live in Woodbridge"

Me-" why? 

him "because Woodbridge is so ghetto that some people call it HOODBRIDGE!!!!!!!!!!!!"

he looked around and whispered this to me.. he did not want anyone to hear this.. not sure what this had to do with anything...BUT .. that is important stuff you know...

so anyway... that was about all of our conversation.. we both kinda parted... I thought 
WHO ARE YOU? YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW ME and you want to tell ME, I AM NOT HAPPY!!!!! um yes I am happy!!!!! as happy as I can be..

and YES I wish I made more money.. and sure I would like a degree in SOMETHING.. I don't know what.. but SOMETHING.. maybe history.. or museum management or recreational therapy.. something.. but IDK ...maybe my book will sell and become a screenplay..and then I can write another one.. maybe I will just take care of several more generations of kids.. till I get old and die..

and maybe .. just maybe one day I can actually married and maybe have my own little baby(ies)

just maybe ...all I can do now is pray and have faith and trust that GOD HAS A PLAN FOR ME!!!!!

No comments: