Thursday, August 1, 2013

Keli Travels

me at the Brigham City, Utah Temple, June 2013 
GUESS WHAT?

I have been to all the operating temples in Utah! -as of June 2013..

Here is the order I think that I attended them in ..

1. Provo, Utah
2. Mt. Timpanogos Utah 
3. Salt Lake City, Utah
4. Logan, Utah
5. Jordan River, Utah
6. Manti, Utah
7. Bountiful, Utah
8. Vernal, Utah
9. Ogden,Utah
10. Monticello,Utah
11. St. George,Utah
12. Draper,Utah
13. Oquirrh Mountain,Utah
AND
14. BRIGHAM CITY,UTAH TEMPLE!!!!

ALL OF THEM..

ok word of advice, if I tell you that I went to all the temples in Utah.. DO NOT THEN ASK... "all of them are you SURE?"

that annoys me.. IDK why but it does??

do not have a follow -up question like ARE YOU SURE?? even Monticello?? even Vernal??... I said YES ALL OF THEM!!!!

It has been a LONG ROAD going to all these temples.. I am so grateful for EVERYONE that has helped me in this journey all the people that have went with me.. a few times I had to get hotel rooms they were that far from me.. and now I have to fly on a plane to get to them but I look forward to going to the next three that are under construction right now..

When I went to Utah in January 2012, my friend Kathy and I drove by the Brigham City, Utah temple and I was like WOW... it looked DONE.. but Kathy said that they were finishing up the inside.. 

I know that a lot of people were able to tour it while before it was dedicated and I hope that other people have been able to attend it.. IT IS BEAUTIFUL INSIDE .. lots of murals that IMO represent the local area..

I flew to Utah in June 2013.. I had a lot of things on my agenda but one of them was getting to the Brigham City, Utah temple.. I had NO IDEA how I was going to do that.. I called a few people and they said "that was too much for them in a day" ...so I called the airport and found a shuttle bus up to Brigham City...but then I would have to WALK over to the temple with ALL my luggage.. um that sounds a bit inconvenient ...

Then a miracle happened my wonderful friend Cindy said she would take me there it is an hour an 12 minutes one way from her house...( I just googled that) So I started looking for stuff that we could do so Cindy did not just feel like she was a chauffeur ...I found the Ogden Treehouse Childrens Museum and Cindy has a two year old and she was watching her roommates daughter that is in elementary school .. I have already wrote a post about that.. so you know that we really enjoyed ourselves there..

So after the museum.. we went out to eat.. I had an appointment at the Brigham City Temple and I did not want to go to a "sit down place" because I said it might take too long...

we might as well have gone to a sit down place.. because it took Taco Bell THAT long to serve us.. seriously I have NO IDEA what was going on.. I mean they said they were hiring but DANG.. you might want to TRAIN the people that you have working there that this is FAST FOOD... seriously...emphasis on the FAST part.. not so sure about the FOOD part.. I thought OMGOSH if I was this desperate for workers.. .I would be trying to hire ANYONE that walked in.. like "hey do you want a JOB!!!??" seriously we waited like 15 or 20 minutes I am serious... 

So then we drove to the temple and I got out and realized .. I have ALL MY LUGGAGE.. and it was not really PACKED it was just kinda thrown in bags and stuff and stuff was sticking out.. so we got all that together and I had called the temple in advance and they said that I could store all my luggage at the front desk while I went through a session.. 

YAY that was SO NICE!!!!! 

So I went in and I had my friend Danielle Gauthier's grandma Charlotte's name with me .. and I asked if I could do initiatories .. they said yes.. that was beautiful.. and I was able to walk right in..

then I went in the chapel to wait for my session it is a small temple.. I know it does not look it but it is.. and you have to make an appointment and my session  was PACKED... they asked me where my little wood block is.. I said I did not have one.. I guess with all the hubbub of me bringing all my luggage in and then doing initiatories they forgot to give me this little wood block where the time of my session is on it.. at first they were like ARE YOU SURE YOU ARE IN THIS SESSION?? IS YOUR NAME ON A LIST??? DID YOU CALL??? 

I said yes..I am 100% sure.. it was so crowded maybe they want to MAKE SURE that everyone that IS SCHEDULED gets in there.. well I KNOW I was scheduled so I got in there..

session was great.. LOVED IT.. the celestial room was tiny but BEAUTIFUL.. I looked around and was like "oh this is it" but sometimes that is all you need...

great spiritual time.. SO GLAD that I am worthy and able to do this.. so happy that I got to do the work for my friend Danielle's grandma... 

HOW FREAKING COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

again I am SO GRATEFUL that my wonderful friend Cindy was able to take me to the temple! that was SO nice of her!!!!
so grateful that I was able to store my luggage there..
so grateful that even though Taco Bell was SLOW I was able to get through and get to the temple on time.
so grateful my friend Danielle let me take her grandma's name through the temple even though Danielle is not LDS.
so grateful that I was able to do initiatories even though I was not scheduled..
so grateful that I was able to get in my session even with out a little wood block
so grateful that YEARS ago I bought clothes and was able to go to this temple which does not rent clothes..


I don't want to sound cliche...but "I am seriously SO BLESSED!!!!!! 






No comments: