Sunday, May 3, 2009

another story from my trip

while I was on my trip I drove between my sisters in Harpers Ferry WV and my friend Beth's in Sterling, VA many times along the way were several little restaraunts and stuff that looked like they were frequented by "local yokels" one of them just had a wooden pig on it with the words BBQ spray painted on it...On one of my trips to Beth's house I stopped by a gas station in Paonian Springs VA. When I went in to pay for my gas the lady behind the counter said : have a happy Easter I wont I have to work.... I said I understand I have to fly on an airplane almost that whole day. She inquired where I was going I said that I was going to Utah that is where I live she then asked me if any of the men out here where kilts men like contractors and plumbers men that do blue collar type jobs... I said um no none of those men wear kilts why? in fact I have never seen a man wearing a kilt in Utah (except one guy I work with that went on a mission to Scotland and wears a kilt sometimes) She said that a man came into the gas station and said that men in CO and other places out west wear kilts when they work, and showed me a card of a man that looked like he should be on the cover of a romance novel wearing a leather kilt and it said utilikilts http://www.utilikilts.com/ Ok I just looked them up and they are out of WA as a matter of fact and if I wanted one then I would have to drive to Ogden...but I digress, any way she said this man was trying to sell her on this idea that EVERYONE OUT HERE WEARS KILTS all the men at least...especially men that do labour type jobs and her husband is a welder and he was trying to sell her some for her husband... I said I have never seen anyone out here that is doing that kind of thing that most of the men that are into that kind of thing where I live just wear Carhartts and boots, she said what kind of boots I hope they dont wear Timberlands cause if they do then it is like they are black, she said that she got a pair of Timberlands and that she cant wear them any more because she is not black. I have no idea what she was talking about??? So I said well why dont you get boots like mine (my pink ariat boots) http://www.ariat.com/products_category.aspx?pcid=9 She said those are nice can I try those on? I said yes... just so that I would have this story to tell... so I told her that I have really small feet size five and she said that she did too... She put on my boots and could not even get them up past the small part of her calf....I had to yank my pink boots off her legs... but she wants to buy a pair of Ariats now.... Then she said there were a lot of raciast people in VA very upset that Obama got elected as president I have no idea what this had to do with anything... and she said that a lot of rich women in their 30's that live in this town Waterford http://www.waterfordva-wca.org/index.shtml come in there all the time and they are wearing skin tight jeans that are really low on their hips and big sunglasses and it is like they think they are teenagers or something and they are really stuck up... have no idea where either of these subjects even CAME FROM and did not really comment on them.... and I said I had to go but I think that from now on I AM GETTING MY GAS there, I mean I know I need to visit Amanda, know I need to visit Beth... it is a logical choice :)

No comments: