Monday, March 8, 2010

SNOW

In Northern Utah and by Northern Utah I do not mean anywhere S. of Box Elder or Cache County.... and if you live South of those really?? you think you are Northern Utah NO WE ARE WE ARE NORTH OF YOU SO BE QUIET!!!... anyway in Northern Utah, it snows a lot... so it snows everyday from October to April.. there is always snow on the ground..and I had to drive to work and the thrift store in it every day even if I had to get up and clean off my car for an hour, even if It took me an hour to get to work... then they don't care you still have to go.. that is all that is it... In Virginia..........if the news says it MIGHT snow of there is a chance of snow... well, people FREAK and that is an understatement... So it snowed here in Decemeber people freaked then it snowed here in February.. and people FREAKED here are some examples
1. ALL that people can talk about is HOW MUCH SNOW THERE IS....... this is a boring conversation... like um OK? you don't want to move anywhere where there is always snow...
2. People constantly take pictures of how much snow there is and post them online.. like that is interesting...
3. when I was a nanny in Orem,Utah there were some days that I had to clean off my car several times a day like when I went to work, then when I took Anneka to pre-school, then when I picked her up.. then when I went home... the snow would be coming down so hard that I had to clean off my car all those times...
4. once when I worked at a care center in Mapleton,Utah it was snowing so hard so fast that I could not get my windshield cleaned off and it was dark and cold and I considered spending the night... my boss told me NO that I had to clean it off!!! and I called Chris and cryed all the way home..
5. People here use terms like "snowed In" like they want to be "snowed in"
6. my car froze shut so many times last year that a couple times Vern had to give me rides to work...
7. the news makes you more PARANOID they tell you to go out and stock up on food... like YOU NEED TO! YOU MUST! like um shouldn't you all ready HAVE FOOD???
8. the never plow the roads here and people don't drive on them
9. Fairfax County Public Schools were closed for over TWO WEEKS finally they had to ask the parents to come and help clear the sidewalks they still had not done it...
10. Church was cancelled for 3 weeks!!!!!!!!! CHURCH!!!!

I am so grateful that my parents bought me a blazer, one of the snow days I drove over to Ellanor C. Lawrence Park in Chantilly, one of the snow days I drove to Beth's but mostly for better or worse... I was snowed in...

2 comments:

Erin said...

We're so weird in VA, aren't we?

Unknown said...

YES!!!!:)