Thursday, December 2, 2010

field trip

I went hiking on Sat. in Arlington,VA. My friend Carrie set up the hike. Carrie, myself, Spike and six or seven guys went. We hiked at a place called Windy Run or something like that. we started out and it was like every other hike that I have been on in Northern VA where there are houses in this case BIG house on one side and AMAZING nature on the other side. Then we went down some STEEP steps that were built into the hill and no more houses. there was a waterfall that came down by some rocks and we were right by the Potomac River. we hiked over lots of rocks down and up more steps and saw another waterfall. It was a great hike I had no idea that something like that even existed in Arlington,VA While we were hiking I saw some women rowing a boat crew style and on the way back you could see The Washington Monument in the distance which was kind of cool.

No comments: