Thursday, December 16, 2010

field trip

So last Friday night I was at home browsing FB and I saw that Alex Summers had taken her brothers Chris and Dylan to see Washington Redskin player Chris Cooley at an art gallery where he sells his art that HE makes in Leesburg, VA. Chris Cooley is Justin's FAVORITE Redskin. He graduated from Utah State and I got him a Chris Cooley jersey for his birthday in November 2010. Justin has been wanting his autograph now for sometime. I called the gallery and asked them if Chris Cooley would be there at all the next day. They replied that he should be there between two and four.
The next day I told Justin that we HAD to go to Leesburg. WE HAD TO. So we drove up to Leesburg and went to The Cooley Gallery. It was so wonderful to see Justin's eyes light up and smile when he saw Chris Cooley. We went in and looked his art and the art that other local artists had made that is also for sale there.
I bought Justin a Chris Cooley mug/stein/cup type thing for Christmas he picked out one with the handle it is signed by Chris Cooley and looks very very very cool. We were told that the mug is fully usable but Justin is just going to use it for display. I said maybe it would look cool with some Redskin pens in it or something like that.
Justin and I got to talk to Chris Cooley and we got Justin's picture with him. We had a nice time walking around historic downtown Leesburg. We checked out a biker bar that we will have to go back to on Justin's motorcycle. We went to a thrift store where Justin got several shirts and a pair of pants and I got lots of goodies.
WE HAD A GREAT DAY IN LEESBURG,VA!!! I am now ready to go back again.

No comments: